Our Osseo Area Schools community is determining TODAY whether critical school building needs will be addressed. Make sure to get out and vote. You can vote until 8 p.m. at your election day voting location. This location can be found by entering your address at pollfinder.sos.mn.gov.
Remember: the one-question ballot focuses on critical school building needs with regard to safety, learning and space. If approved by voters, proposed projects would address districtwide needs at all schools, including for:
- Schools in Brooklyn Park and Brooklyn Center,
- Schools in the city of Osseo and surrounding area, and
- Schools in Maple Grove.
This list of ten reasons why a bond referendum is being held is a helpful summary.
- Projects to improve safety/security would not proceed.
- Crowded conditions and large class sizes would continue. Attendance boundary adjustments would be required at all levels to provide relief, which is estimated to move 6,000 students from their current schools.
- Learning spaces would continue to age and become less relevant.
- Inconsistent learning experiences would continue.
- Budget cuts would be required. Projected to be at least $31 million (approx. 300 jobs).
Phase II is the final phase of Building a Better Future, and if approved by voters, would meet the overall needs of our schools for the foreseeable future – equipping students with what they need to succeed both today and in the generation to come.
Thank you for all you’ve done to be informed on Building a Better Future, Phase II and to share this information with family, friends and neighbors. One additional way you can help to inform community members is to reshare the district’s social media posts through Facebook, X/Twitter and/or Instagram today.
Election results will be shared online later tonight.